An update from Gary in Maine! Boat school class is going well. It looks like everyone is having a good time. We miss you Gary!
Shane finished building up the aft sections for the battery boxes. He sealed all the raw wood edges and primed the bilge.
Shane and Jack installed the windshield on the 55! They ran the throttle and choke cable, fixed some engine wiring and then tested the motor.
Shane is building up the rear sections where the batteries and control panel will end up being. Next, he'll prime the raw wood.
I'm working on building up coats of varnish on this deck. We're almost ready for the major sand!
Jack and Shane took the Lyman to the lake to sea trial it. It went really well! The motor worked great, they just need to have another look at the oil pressure gauge.
Budsin Lightning Bugs
Gary delivered the final restored Budsin boat to the Point resort in upstate New York when he was heading up on his way to Maine for the summer! We had so much fun working on them, they look great back in the water!
Shane and Jack have been rewiring The Nancy and charging all batteries.
1948 Deluxe Runabout
Jack removed the engine and hardware, then removed some side planks to inspect for rot. As you can see the hull is in pretty bad shape!
For the Skiff, Shane pressure washed the interior. Next he'll sand and remove all the old bilge paint and prep it to be repainted. I've been sanding old varnish off and prepping for fresh varnish.
I filled all the old rub rail screw holes. Now I'm working on building up varnish coats on the deck.
1948 Chris Craft 17ft Deluxe Runabout
New project alert! We're going to be taking a look at this one to identify how we can proceed on the restoration.
Shane is reinstalling the interior and wiring to the Nancy!
1961 Willy's Jeep
Jack hand-stitched some pretty awesome new gear-shifter gaiter boots and custom made a new aluminum floor plate. He tacked all interior panels in place for dry-fitting and can now remove to begin staining.
After sealing the stain I was able to start the bleaching process of the king plank. After drying overnight, I neutralized it with water. Next, I can start the next steps of the bleaching stain.
We took Bottoms Up out to the lake for a successful sea trial!
This week on the Ski Boat, I stained the deck and installed the bed log. I was able to get the first coat of sealer on the deck. All in all, a productive week!
You're looking at 50 years of bad wiring! We're going to have to fix this.
Chris Craft Holiday
Shane has been putting some finishing touches on the Holiday, installing seats, interior, engine cover, and testing the engine. This one is ready for its sea trial at the lake!
We received and mounted the outboard engine for the skiff.
Budsin Lightning Bug
The final Point Lightning Bug was ready for a sea trial, we took it to the lake and it all went well!
Check back weekly for updates about our current projects and shop happenings!