Jack finished permanently installing the strip planking and the keel parts, next he'll work on fairing.
Shane removed the old cutless bearing from the prop strut and will buff and polish all the bronze. He's still fitting the new hull boards and adding frames to the transom.
I replaced the shaft coupler thingy, added a few more coats of varnish to the transom, and also working on a dutchman repair of the damaged port side.
Check out this before and after of the assembled seating. I cut an additional hole in the dash panel for the new bilge pump we'll be installing, currently there isn't one. Next I'll tape off the deck lines and prep them for painting.
I did the major sand on the transom after 6 coats of varnish, I'll build 6 more coats back up before our lettering guy comes by to apply the name "Grits"!
Shane is working on varnishing the deck, hull and inside of the Cavalier.
Jack is locating any rot in the deck and replacing those strips as well.
Check back weekly for updates about our current projects and shop happenings!