It was a team effort getting the bottom permanently installed on the U18! Also, Gary will be testing the engine soon.
New boat alert! We received another Electri-craft last week. I removed the interior and cleaned the bilge, then I sanded the deck and prepped it for the touch up coats we'll be putting on.
Jack is still working on fairing the bottom.
The progress of the dutchman patch so far. I chiseled out this diamond shape, cut a new piece from mahogany, used epoxy to glue it, sanded it flush, a touch of famowood filler, and most recently stained it and let it dry for 24 hours before I'll be able to start building coats of varnish.
1955 Continental, Ready for a sea trial, just in time for winter
Gary has also been working on fixing up the Cavalier engine. Looking good now, waiting for new electronic ignition, then we test.
Check back weekly for updates about our current projects and shop happenings!