New boat alert! We received this one last week. Another Budsin Lightning Bug that needed some transom work and a new name. I gave the bilge a good cleaning and then started scraping the transom. Afterwards, I switched to sanding. It helped remove some stain blotchiness but it wasn't good enough so we stripped it and sanded it some more and now Gary approves! We'll go ahead and start building varnish back up.
After finding rot pretty much along the entire bottom, Jack and Gary are laminating new frames to the structure.
Shane has been replacing the rotten transom frames on the Riviera; as well as prepping and dry fitting the new hull planks.
Jack is still making progress steam-bending and fitting the bottom planks. They are roughly fit then allowed to sit over the weekend to hold their shape. Then we will remove them and do the delicate shaping and fitting.
I put the final coat of varnish on the interior wood and I prepped the deck for the final coat as well!
Check back weekly for updates about our current projects and shop happenings!