On the '55 Continental, Jack continued to fill all the screw holes with epoxy putty, and began
sanding the bottom. Then, he refilled holes and sanded again to ensure a smooth, even surface. He made some repairs on the lower side planks and made new aft outer chine logs. He also made a scarfed in piece to repair one of the broken bottom planks.
On the 18' Continental, Shane, Gary and Nicolas sanded and prepped the splash rails and deck for stain. They chiseled out any excess or old caulk, and then stained the deck. It's looking beautiful!
On the 26' Sea Skiff, Jack completed the remaining caulk lines on the deck. Those long, curvy ones that span the length of the deck require a lot of precision and patience.
Shane sanded, prepped and varnished two more coats on the rudder and tiller of the International 12. Nicolas continued prepping the frames for permanent installation by removing them, scraping and sanding them, priming them, and putting them back in place. He's nearly done with this portion of the restoration, which should keep the boat in good shape for years to come.
Shane applied coat number five of varnish to the seats, knees, bilge, interior hull, and bulkheads of the Skerry. He also got another coat on the spars, rudder, tiller, and gunwhales. Getting shinier (and more "water resistant") every week!
Shane and Gary finished installing battery boxes on the Pelican and finally completed the wiring. When we opened up this boat, we noticed that someone had previously reconfigured everything backwards, so we had to completely redo it rather than just replace old wiring. You never what you'll get with old boats sometimes, they have a long history. I can't wait to share a photo of this boat out on the water, hopefully next week if all goes well!
Thanks for reading about boats! Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Check back weekly for updates about our current projects and shop happenings!